Thursday, March 18, 2010

Why do they have to grow up so fast?

Ariana and Jamison have been doing so well getting themselves out of bed in the morning and getting themselves ready for school.  They even get themselves breakfast most mornings.  Ariana likes to have hot breakfast if she can.  She has been struggling with the "runny" eggs and toast.  She likes the yolk to be runny so she can dip her toast in it.  I don't blame her, it's really good that way.  She was getting discouraged so she would ask me to make it for her.  I told her that if she wouldn't practice, she wouldn't ever figure it out.  I don't know what changed her mind but she decided that she liked omlettes instead.  Ok, that's fine.  I told her that I don't really do omlettes because when I make them they turn into scrambled eggs with everything (ham, cheese, tomatoes, and whatever else I feel like putting in it) mixed in.  She decided to try it for herself.  She was so excited that she brought the pan into my bedroom to show me her masterpiece.  I thought it was just as beautiful as she did so I took a picture of it and sent it to Dave (since he was out of town and couldn't have the whole experience along with us).  I am so proud of her, but I have to be honest... I don't really like seeing her grow up so fast. 

No comments: